New Online Store Offer: 10% off all products!!! Ends 8th June 2020
Horses which are regularly travelling and competing may pick up respiratory viruses from other horses at events, especially if regular training has caused immune suppression from long term stress or reduced availability of immune co-factor nutrients.
Horses benefit from a short course of Activ-8 prior to long distance travel, hard competition or during relocation to a new environment, where the optimum function of the immune system is paramount to health and performance
Our Concept for Activ-8
Activ-8 includes nutrients in that have been scientifically shown to improve immune function and are critically important to equine health and vitality. Activ-8 is a targeted supplement to give when your horse is immune challenged, ‘under the weather’, at risk of infection or when meeting new horses at competitions. Activ-8 contains a premium, organic chelated form of selenium (as selenomethionine), which has been proven as more effective to help immune function in horses than commonly used inorganic selenium compounds such as sodium selenite and selenate. Activ-8 provides nutrients necessary for optimal wound healing to help reduce secondary bacterial infections and promote skin regeneration. Activ-8 is recommended when horses have repeated bouts of skin infections, such as ‘greasy heel’ or ‘rain scald’, which may indicate poor immune function.
Our Concept for Activ-8
Activ-8 helps to keep your horse healthy and ensures an active immune defence system
Which Horses Benefit?
- Horses with a cold, cough or viral respiratory disease
- When introducing new horses to a stable or paddock with other horses, often a time when respiratory viruses can strike
- When horses are in high intensity training or a stressful workload which can cause suppression of the immune system
- Before sending young horses to yearling preparation farms, breaking-in stables or other situations where they may have not previously been exposed to viral or bacterial infections.
- All horses travelling and competing with other unknown horses at events, where risk of cross-infection is high.
- After wounds, cuts or skin tears to help reduce the risk of secondary bacterial infection
- For improved skin regeneration and to help prevent severe scarring or proud flesh.
- When horses have suffered greasy heel, rainscald or other skin infections, especially after multiple or reoccurances which may indicate poor immunity.
- These nutrients include vitamin C and organic chelated selenium which is proven to help immune function in horses
- Vitamin E, vitamin A & B2 for general immune health of horses under stress
- Balanced levels of organic chelates of zinc, copper and manganese for horses which may lack these nutrients in their diet.
- Also includes synergistic ingredients such as plant bioflavonoids (a natural source of vitamin C) and active yeast components with benefits to improved immune function.
- Activ-8 is presented as a palatable vanilla-flavoured powder which adheres well to feed.
- Activ-8 does not contain banned substances and does not swab.
For Horses (400 – 600 kg body weight). Ponies and miniatures use half the amount with same course instructions.
General Course: Horses introduced to a new environment, under immune challenge from viral or bacterial infection, or to support wound healing. Provide 20 grams in each of the morning and evening feeds for 7-10 days (total 40 grams per day), then 20 grams daily for a further 10-14 days.
Short Course: Horses prior to hard competition or long distance travel, broodmares at stud or young horses prior to sale. Provide 20 grams in each of the morning and evening feeds for 7-10 days prior to and during the event and for 5-7 days on return (40 grams daily).
Maintenance Supplement: Aged horses or those in regular hard training with chronic immune suppression or recurrent infection and illness. Horses can be given 20 grams daily for extended periods if their feed does not supply the recommended levels of nutrients contained in Activ-8.
Pack Sizes and Days Supply
3 kg bucket (150 days supply) available for $250.00 which is $1.67 cost per dose.
** Days supply is calculated from the 20 gram dose which is suitable for horses (500 kg body weight) for maintenance. Prices are Recommended Retail Price (RRP) including GST (Australian Dollars).
“I started using Activ-8 to support my horse’s immune system as he underwent numerous medical procedures. It has made such a difference to his recovery time. I also use Muscle XL and Cell-Vital. Kohnke’s Own are the only supplements I use, and I think they are fantastic.” Carol M. VIC